If you are happy parents you will be successful in keeping doctors and stress away. Today, it is very much clear that everyone lives a stressful life with lots of pressure and struggles. But you should not pass this stress to your kids. It is your duty as parents to provide a stress-free and positive environment to your kids. And if they will see you happy the world will be a good place for them to live because for your kids you are the world.
First and the foremost thing which you should do is that you should feel lucky that you are parents and you have kids. It is important to find a way to be happy. There may be situations when you find it difficult to manage things after having a kid. There are few tips which you can follow to regain your self and once you are surrounded by your positive thoughts and energy nothing is difficult. It is your home you are the creator of it.
We assume that being happy in any relationship will just happen accidentally. But the fact is you have to work on the relationship to grow, be it a relationship with your kids or with your spouse. The Expert says that the most important task of parents is to teach your children how to live a fulfilling happy life?
Check out when you are sad you kids will be sad too but then you are happy they are just happier – Womendigest
10 Simple tips which will help you to be happy parents
- Spare time for yourself: This is an important thing. Just wake up before your kid gets up. Have a cup of tea or coffee with yourself. Try this, this itself will give you immense satisfaction.
- Be a happy couple: Husband wife time is again other things which I feel is important: if as a couple you are happy as a parent you will be surely happiest parent. Build your love relationship stronger. Check out our post on how you can build your relationship strong by writing 10 things for your spouse – Click HERE.
- Do some crazy things: Kids always love to do crazy things. Do not scold them, get involved with them. Let them feel that you love them. Do not be dominating parents. Try to explore their likes, dislikes and their hobbies by getting involved with them.
- Involve your kids in household stuff: Ask your kids to help you in daily household stuff. Involving your kids in chores gives your children develops relationship skills like communicating, negotiating, cooperating and working as a team. The secret for involving children in household chores is asking for contributions by all family members. Everyone should help each other in daily household work. For example, if your husband will help you in work, your kids may be motivated as they are copy-cat.
- Eat Together: This sounds so traditional but sitting and eating together develops a special connect. Research has found that kids who eat family meals have a lower chance of engaging in high-risk behaviours such as substance use and violence, and fewer psychological problems. Also, families who eat together strengthen and build better relationships. They build a sense of belonging and all family members stay connected.
- Optimize work-life balance: If you want to happy parents you have to maintain a work-life balance with mindfulness and this will help you to relax. This will lead to the happy, on keeping it real today to be happy at home you should be smart to draw the line between your priorities and your duties. After all, it is important to maintain a work-life balance. The 2017 World Happiness Report reported that work-life balance is now one of the strongest predictors of happiness. It is found that it leads to reduce Anxiety, stress, and worry which leads to a healthy and happy lifestyle. Source
- Be more organised: If you are organised you will find more time for family and yourself. Clean and organized home spaces are proven to reduce stress, improve happiness. As a study conducted correlated reducing clutter with increased productivity at home and in the workplace. A study published by The University of California showed that coming home to a messy house can interfere with the body’s production of the de-stressing hormone cortisol because they think that they have to have to clean up the mess, and therefore they feel stress about it. There are many studies which show a direct relationship between staying organised leads to a better and happier relationship among family members, better sleep schedules, and healthier habits.
- Doting Gesture: It is said that “Actions speak louder than words” so it is important to show your love to your family. It is not enough to simply tell that you love someone, you must also show them your love. Be more physically affectionate, leave little love notes these are few amazing gestures. When you show them such gestures.
- Stay Calm: Do not panic. Calm people are more successful be it their professional life or their personal life. If you want to a happy family you first have to stay happy. And the best way to stay happy in today’s world is to use the technique of Repetition Enchants, where we cherish our old memories and this helps psychologically and emotionally to help you stay calm. Once you are happy and calm from inside you will be a happy parent.
- Be cool parents: It is said that you can find a lot about your kid by who they hang out with. Be a cool parent, by welcoming your kid’s friends, is the smartest way to know about your kids likes and dislikes. Make a space for your kids and their friends and let them chill.
Closing Note: Let me tell you that I am no doctor, not even an expert in parenting I am just a mum and I love sharing my own tried and tested tips. These are small homely tips which have helped me a lot. Do share your experience with us in the comment section.